Vice President of Professional Services (FTLD-2020-01)
Anju Software, a life science software company, is in search of dynamic, innovative driven individual to be a key enabler for company’s operational excellence and a trusted driver to enable our customer’s success and growth. The VP of Professional Services is responsible for oversight of all teams and activities related to the delivery of professional services to customers in conjunction with Clinical Trials Division solutions. These solutions encompass all eClinical offered by Anju. In addition, this role will further grow services by defining, selling and ensuring most optimal service delivery to customers. Professional Services include the teams required for the implementation of Anju Software Clinical Trials solutions, including the integrations of these solutions as required by customers. In particular, this role will oversee teams of project managers, trainers, business analysts, subject matter experts and developers assigned to Professional Services projects. This role will be fiscally accountable for Professional Services and shall deliver services while maintaining agreed upon financial results. The individual in this role shall have a diverse background delivering technology, strategy, and business process improvement projects to the clinical research community.
Anju Software is a leading provider of comprehensive software and data solutions to the life sciences industry. Anju has combined deep industry and software domain expertise to build a next generation platform for the life sciences sector that can scale to provide solutions that meet customers’ needs.
Superb leadership; excellent work ethic; communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsiveness; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgement; a conceptual thinker – strategic as well as pragmatic; possesses broad technology skills including an understanding of systems and processes related to the delivery of clinical trials; and an ability to generate trust and build alliances with co-workers. Has capability to oversee and grow all aspects, including P&L of an Anju business unit.
- Oversight of all team activities within Professional Services organization
- Hire and train individuals to deliver services and to help scope and propose new projects.
- Develop, maintain and improve processes that allow for optimal delivery of services while maintaining high level of transparency of the services being performed
- Manage project using a risk based approach to allow for planned avoidance and mitigating actions
- Collaborate with Business Development in facilitating new opportunities. Participate in new and existing customer facing opportunities to drive business to the organization.
- Collaborate with Product Development as needed to share customer concerns and requirements for product enhancements
- Create/maintain presentations, collateral, white papers that describe capabilities and methodologies that can be used in pre-sale activities or used in onboarding new customers/projects
- Develop marketing collateral and presentations to help promote new services.
- Maintain and adapt organization structures, staff positions to ensure the on-going development of personnel to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop project estimates, proposals and statements of work for both large and small project engagements.
- Ensure accurate tracking/reporting of service delivery against contracts
- Maintain clear financial reporting for all activities
- Represent the Company at meetings with third parties and at select industry forums.
- Identify, develop and implement ways to enhance company revenues and profitability, including new complementary services and tools to compete beyond standard EDC offerings.
- Direct engagement with customers to manage relationships and governance
Minimum Requirements (Education, Experience, Certifications):
- 10-15 years of experience with related technology, professional services, and/or life sciences industry expertise.
- Knowledge of industry regulatory and IT standards including computer systems validation, 21 CFR Part 11, CDISC, MedDRA, WHODRUG, E2B, and HL7.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Information Technology, Computer Science, Biology or advanced degree in the sciences, consistent with the EDC industry.
- Strong background with pharmaceutical or clinical business processes and technologies, strong communication skills, and professionals services background.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Deep subject matter expertise of clinical data management processes, Electronic Data Capture, and other eClinical technologies and industry trends.
- Experience working with Life Sciences organizations involved in the conduct of clinical trials.
- Knowledge and understanding of technologies, regulations, and processes used in managing, conducting, and supporting clinical trials.
- Must have the ability and energy to drive high quality service delivery while maximizing efficiency and profitability
- Hands-on leadership skills with a pragmatic business focused approach to the delivery of services and projects
- Ability to understand and anticipate the needs of the customer and to provide well defined solutions and recommendations.
- Ability to identify new service opportunities and assist with converting these to new projects
- Organized with the ability to implement processes and tools to bring structure to a various business functions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills. Must possess the ability to clearly represent Anju Software and project personnel both verbally and in writing.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Lauderdale Office
Salary: Based on experience