Technical Support Engineer 2 (TSE2)
Anju Software’s office in Woodridge, IL, is looking for a Technical Support Engineer 2 (TSE2). As a Technical Support Engineer 2 (TSE2), you join the Technical Support Center team that serves as the single point of contact for post-sale implementation support of all Anju products. You will be trained to provide second level support of Anju’s IRMS pharmaceutical medical information and adverse events software. You will report directly to the Technical Support Center / Customer Support Manager. TSE 2’s will: analyze and resolve a wide variety of complex customer process and technical related issues, serve as an escalation point amongst the team, proactively utilize strong problem-solving skills to deliver both technical and non-technical customer solutions in a timely and professional manner.
Work Environment and Expectations:
- Technical Support Center hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 6:00 pm (Central). You would work a standard 8-hour shift / 40-hour week within the parameters plus participate in a weekly rotation of the overnight on-call support process (After-Hours phone).
- Candidates must be flexible to support shifts (7-3, 8-4, 10-6) scheduled within the hours of operation, after-hours support participation is not expected until training is complete and skills warrant. On-call / after-hours participation comes with additional fiscal benefit.
- Provide technical support to customers by taking incoming calls and responding to web-based inquiries while maintaining our SLAs and professional communication expectations.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer issues and provide solutions.
- Perform timely follow-ups with client in respect to completed, ongoing and new issues
- Maintain all assigned and linked tickets and documentation.
- Exceed customer expectations by providing an outstanding customer experience.
- Serve as an escalation point amongst the team for complex technical concerns.
- Regularly collaborate with in-house project managers and developers to promote creative solutions and improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist with testing of new software releases, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Computer Science, Business or related field, advanced degree preferred or equivalent in technical certifications. Degree may be substituted with experience.
- Three or more years of experience working in a technical support role providing support on business-critical software products preferred.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel (Internal and External).
- Ability to resolve a wide range of technical problems via telephone, remote / shared desktop sessions and email.
- Advanced PC skills used for testing, troubleshooting, and product application programming.
- Proficient with Microsoft Server 2008 – current.
- Proficient with Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Current functional experience with networking and security, including Active Directory.
- Current functional experience with SQL, Oracle, Citrix and .Net.
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility and be proactive.
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Woodridge, IL
Salary: Based on experience