Senior QA Analyst (BRSTL-2019-03)
Anju Software is a leading provider of comprehensive software and data solutions to the life sciences industry. Anju has combined deep industry and software domain expertise to build a next generation platform for the life sciences sector that can scale to provide solutions that meet customers’ needs.
We are hiring a Senior QA Analyst for our Philadelphia (Bristol) office. It’s a 50/50 role for automation and manual testing. The automation may span more than one division. The manual testing will focus on the product for the division that resource is working for – IRMS or PUBSTRAT.
This position has the potential to be assigned to one or more high-priority, enterprise-level development projects for web-based and mobile applications. The goal of this position is to provide an efficient and effective voice for the customer before the implementation of new applications or maintenance releases. The Senior QA Analyst provides feedback on processes and procedures to ensure that they allow the team to perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner while also ensuring a high level of quality in the product. The Senior QA will also mentor junior QA personnel. The ideal candidate will have varied experience and associated QA certifications (e.g. CSQA, CSTE, etc.) to demonstrate commitment to the craft.
Work Environment and Expectations:
- The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst position evaluates and tests new or modified software programs to verify that programs function according to user requirements and conform to
- Review requirements specifications and identify gaps and inconsistencies
- Create, document, verify and execute component-level test plans and test cases to support agile and V-Model of SDLC
- Work closely with business partners and the application development team in eliciting project requirements to create test cases
- Works closely with development, business analysts, other Quality Assurance team members and the business to identify, report, and troubleshoot defects in a detailed, efficient, and timely manner
- Ensure that new and existing product functionality are reliable, defect free and function as intended
- Maintain the automated test suites and enhance as needed
- Increase product knowledge at the quickest and understand audit compliance to be met with each release
- Explore better QA testing tools to increase the pace and quality of the release testing
- Stay flexible to work with offshore teams
- College degree with major in science, technology, or related field
- 7-10 years of QA testing experience including at least 5 years of QA testing experience in a Senior or Lead role
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and its various phases. This includes: Requirements Gathering, Design, Development, Testing (QA/UAT), Production Readiness, Post-Production Monitoring
- Strong job experience with Quality Assurance and Quality Control phases of the Software Testing Lifecycle (STLC). This includes: Test Planning (Requirements Analysis, Devise Test Strategies, Provide Estimates), Test Design (Create/Review Test Plan(s), Create/Review Test Cases, Identify/Create Test Data), Test Execution (Execute Test Cases, Create/Triage Bugs, Status Reporting, rovide Requirements Traceability), UAT Support and Production implementation support
- Knowledge and understanding of IT Quality Assurance testing applications, methods and methodologies (e.g. White Box vs. Grey Box vs. Black Box testing, Functional vs. System Integration testing, regression testing, etc.)
- Aptitude around test automation by executing scripts, reporting results, or having familiar knowledge with basic Java coding skills (Knowledge of tools like Selenium, TestNG, Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Experience with QA and test management tools (i.e. Jira, Test Link etc.) for test case development, test execution, and defect management
- Basic programming knowledge a plus – C#, .NET, SQL Server/Oracle etc.
- Experience working in a Traditional (Waterfall) or Agile (Scrum) environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to own project assignments and meet deadlines and work independently, as well as, in a group setting
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Consistently identifies, communicates and implements service improvement opportunities
- Flexibility in learning new products and technologies quickly, as well as, the versatility to move across platforms and/or applications as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 1414 Radcliffe | Suite 115 | Bristol, PA 19007
Salary: Based on experience