Network Engineer (FTLD-2020-10)
The Network Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of the WAN, LAN, telecommunications and wireless networks. This position will work closely with the Network Services team in the design and deployment as well as support of all hardware and software. This individual will also need to be highly skilled with Microsoft Solutions and VMware.
Leadership abilities; communication and interpersonal skills; an ability to function in a collaborative, collegial and pressurized environment; responsiveness; high integrity and intelligence; excellent judgment; a conceptual thinker; an ability to generate trust and work well with co-workers in all levels within the organization.
- Manage and maintain all network equipment and backups.
- Build, design and support all network architecture.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting and improving LAN/WAN traffic.
- Design and implement new monitoring solutions.
- Document all networking architecture and diagrams.
- Develop enterprise network standards.
- Conduct bandwidth analysis and recommendation.
- Responsible for all User Remote Access, VPNs Site to Site and WAN links.
- Performs monthly audits to make sure the organization is meeting security policies.
- Performs software updates, backups, and monitors system health.
- Prioritize and resolve all open issues.
- Provides after hours support for planned maintenance, performs on-call emergency support service and patching when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast pace environment while meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter who takes ownership and initiative while working well in collaboration with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of installing, configuring Cisco ASA 5515 \ 5516 Firewalls.
- Knowledge and understanding of VoIP, QoS, PRI, SIP and Asterisk PBX phone system.
- Knowledge and understanding of Load Balancing Solutions.
- Knowledge and understanding of Network Optimization Solutions.
- Working knowledge of different protocols such as: TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, Routing protocols such as EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP.
- Experience with data center build out or small IDF closet buildout for remote offices.
- Circuit knowledge (DS3, DS1, T1, T3, Metro Ethernet, and MPLS).
- Knowledge of VPNs including IPSEC and SSL VPNs (Remote Access and site to site).
- Experience with Cisco \ HP Switches and VLAN configuration.
- Active Directory and DNS experience in a multi-subneted, multi-site environment.
- VMWare experience in a High Availability SAN environment is a plus.
- WhatsUp Gold monitoring and syslog experience is a plus.
- Solarwinds Kiwi Syslog experience is a plus.
- Must have an advanced understanding of IP networks, network components and troubleshooting using tools to diagnose and resolve network issues.
- Knowledge of system application and network security a plus.
- Experience with HP server hardware is a plus.
- Must have experience working in a Colocation Data Center environment.
- Must be committed to providing fault tolerant and highly available systems/services.
- Ability to assume significant responsibility and operate at a high level both independently and as part of a team effort.
- Committed to the delivery of a high quality of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- 5-10 years experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Willing to be on call for emergency network issues.
- Must be able to lift at least fifty (50) pounds of equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Fort Lauderdale Office
Salary: Based on experience